Thursday 4 September 2014

Primary Audience research

I decided to talk to some people who would fit into our target audience for an indie/rock music video.
I asked them:

What they like/ dislike in indie rock music videos?
Their favourite indie/rock artists?
Do they prefer narrative music videos or performance videos? why?
Do you have a favourite music video?

Toni- Nicole Kelly, 17:

Likes/ dislikes: I like when its not just performance and when theres footage of other stuff. I also like it when there is some sort of humour / narrative in the video. I dislike it when the personalities of the band don't come through in the video, i like them to be charismatic.

Narrative or performance: I prefer narrative videos as they keep my attention better, if the video is just performance i like it when there is footage of other stuff put in as well.

Favourite indie rock artist: The 1975

Favourite music video: Girls - The 1975 because they take the mick out of typical, over bright pop music videos. I like the swap between the 1975 and the girls and the comical and humours side to the video.


Abi Walker, 18:

Likes/ dislikes:   I dislike plain lyric videos because they are boring to watch as there is nothing else going on and i don't watch the videos to learn the lyrics, i usually already know the lyrics anyway.

Favourite indie rock artists:  Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Oasis

Narrative or performance: My favourite type of videos are live videos or filmed as if they are live because it is more atmospheric and i prefer performance videos for the same reason.

Favourite music video:

No comments:

Post a Comment