Thursday 21 August 2014

Skills Developing


Today we edited a practise music video to develop our skills in editing. I tried to take in some of Jake's tips by cutting on the beat of the music, not holding the same shot for too long, the framing of shots and having a variety of different shots.

I leant how to edit over a number of time lines, changing the opacity to cut between shots. I liked this way of editing as it was easy to compare the footage that i had to work with, finding the best shot to use.


After editing this video I now have a clear idea about how to go about editing my video. Some of the improvements I would make are:

  • Make sure there is a large variety of shots to make the video more exciting to watch.
  • Make sure that we try and keep the other camera out of shot as much as possible not to waste any of the footage.
  • Listen to the track plenty of times to understand where the song builds and where it drops so that we can film the footage to match.
  • Edit the footage on a multiple time line. 

Developing editing skills 1 from Ellie Williams on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment